Check the two green connectors on the back of the docking station going to the interface card.
Also push in on the two orange boxes on the interface card to make sure they are secure.
Check the black or white USB cable on the back of the docking station on both ends to make sure it is not loose.
If it still has the error, shut down the system, undock the tablet, unplug the USB cable connector at the top of the docking station and plug it in directly at the top of the tablet. Restart the system. If the interface error continues, please contact us through the support page for a new interface card.
Also try unplugging the two position green connector (bottom) from the back of the docking station. If the interface error goes away, follow this test to see if the error is originating with the cable or the motors, and which motor it is coming from:
1. Go to System->Interface Setup/Test and start Communication Test (For update 8.20.15 or later, Main Menu>Utilities>Configuration>Interface Setup/Test).
2. Unplug both motor cables. The INTERFACE should show OK, both motors
ERR(1). If it does not, try rebooting the tablet. Does the interface error change?
3. Plug in the cable on the X-motor. Tell us what you see on the screen.
4. Unplug the cable from the X-motor and plug it in on the Y-motor. Tell us
what you see on the screen.
5. Unplug the cable from the Y-motor.
6. Take the X-motor cable out of the cable clips all along the carriage, if applicable, and plug it in on the Y-motor. Tell us what you see on the screen.
7. Unplug the cable from the Y-motor.
Please post the results to each step on the Support page.