1. Go to System>Interface Setup/Test and start Communication Test (for update 8.20.15 or later it can be found in Main Menu> Utilities> Configuration> Interface Setup/Test).
2. Write down the messages on the bottom (INTERFACE: X-MOTOR: Y-MOTOR).
Note if anything is changing (flashing) in THESE messages (NOT at the upper
right corner of the screen).
3. Unplug the communication cable from the X-motor.
4. Write down the messages (see Step 2).
5. Reconnect the X-motor, unplug the cable from the Y-motor.
6. Write down the messages (see Step 2).
7. Reconnect the Y-motor.
8. Save and post the logs on the Support page. In the Comment field enter
the results in Step 2, 4 and 6).
Please also follow the steps listed here: http://www.intelliquilter.com/iQpedia/INTERMITTENT%20COMMUNICATION%20ERROR%20CHECKLIST.pdf